The preeminent dance music and clubbing experience in Malaysia since 2004
The “ZOUK” experience of dance music and clubbing originated in Singapore with the opening of the original ZOUK Club back in 1991. ZOUK Singapore launched its unique, “home grown” concept for clubbing on a scale not previously contemplated in SE Asia. Acclaimed internationally by both mainstream and dance culture media, ZOUK has consistently been ranked among the Best Clubs in the World. The name “zouk” derives from the Creole word meaning “village party”. And the club’s guiding principle- stated simply as- “One World, One Music, One Tribe, One Dance” .
The phenomenal popularity of ZOUK in Singapore also attracted many clubbers from neighbouring countries – particularly Malaysia- so in 2004 a new Zouk Club was established on a prime site in the heart the Malaysian capitol - KL. With the same DNA as its parent club in Singapore, Zouk Club KL follows closely the successful formula to recreate the unique “ZOUK” experience for party-goers in KL . The massive club consists of a series of distinct rooms just like the Singapore club- each with their own musical identity, decor style, and clubbing experience. The KL club, after recent refurbishments, is currently home to 6 different rooms- offering guests an incredible diversity of clubbing options on different nights of the week.
Zouk Club KL has enjoyed a similar success trajectory as Singapore and has established itself as the hottest dance music and clubbing venue in KL. In addition to the talented resident DJs, Zouk regularly hosts special events with performances by famous international guest DJs. Themed parties are also massively popular at Zouk, with events scheduled throughout the year.
Follow Zouk Club KL on Facebook for updates on schedules for the various rooms, and all upcoming events and parties.
The six rooms at Zouk-
* Zouk MainRoom- the flagship venue and largest room, occupies a cavernous split level space – with three lounge areas surrounding the central dance floor on the ground level, and a members bar and VIP Room on the upper level. Home to the resident and international DJs and Zouk’s largest dance floor.
* Velvet Underground- the revamped elite room oozes sophistication and sensuality, with exceptional decor and personalised service that attracts a more mature audience. The legendary “Original Mambo Jambo” nights feature retro tunes from the 80′s and 90′s.
* “Phuture” – Just like its counterpart in Singapore, this room is dedicated to R&B, which is one of KL’s most popular types of music and appeals to a broad cross section of everyday clubbers.
* Aristo & Roof Garden- A new addition to the rooms at Zouk- Aristo is a luxurious and intimate space that embraces the funky sounds of nu-disco & house music. The gleaming central bar specialises in creative cocktails, champagnes, premium wines, and imported beers. Comfortable daybed sofas entice guests to kick back and relax with the the funky sounds of nu-disco & house music. Outside, there is a balcony section overlooking the entrance to Zouk, and adjacent on the rooftop, a new garden setting with furnishings made from recycled materials and with fabulous views of the nearby Petronas Twin Towers that soar spectacularly into the night sky.
* “Barsonic”- Another new room- small and intimate- for showcasing the more edgy events- and featuring regular nights of indie, electro and mash-ups.
* “Terrace Bar”- at the street level entrance- an indoor/outdoor bar and bistro for casual drinks and meals at any hour of the night. Great for pre-clubbing refreshments, or for winding down post-clubbing. Open daily from 6 pm to 3 am.
Looking down on the dance floor area from the upper level bar.
Dance floor of Zouk MainRoom- with lounge areas behind. Large LED panels wrap around the upper level.
One of the lounge areas overlooking the main dance floor.
The ground floor bar is on a raised platform overlooking the dance floor area.
ARISTO & ROOF GARDEN
The impressive bar of Aristo has a “U” shape illuminated bar counter.
The intimate scale of Aristo compliments the luxurious decor.
A series of semi-private alcove booths offer privacy behind drawn curtains.
Large daybed sofas provide a comfortable seating option for small groups.
The open air terrace that opens off Aristo features further daybeds, as well as seating at tables that overlook the main street entrance to Zouk.
The open air balcony of Aristo wraps around the curvature of the main building offering outlooks over the street and KL skyline.
The Roof Garden has custom-made furnishings made from recycled materials- a serene garden atmosphere – and some stunning views.
Zouk Club KL- Malaysia
Address: 113 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur 50450. Malaysia.
Reservations: +603. 2171 2075 (Hotline for table bookings)
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/zoukclubkl
ZOUK MAINROOM- Tues /Thur / Fri /Sat ( and eve of Public Holiday) 10.00 pm ~ late
VELVET UNDERGROUND- Wed / Fri / Sat
PHUTURE- Thur / Fri / Sat
ARISTO & ROOF GARDEN- Wed / Thur / Fri / Sat
BARSONIC- Fri & Sat
TERRACE BAR- Monday to Sunday 6:00 pm ~ 3:00 am
See review article on ZOUK CLUB in Singapore
Have you been to Zouk Club KL?
You can vote your rating below- or add a review or comments in box provided.