December 17th, 2015
As the recent wave of innovative small bar openings in Singapore abated somewhat in 2015, top-shelf bars associated with upscale restaurants were at the forefront of notable bar openings this year. Big budget fit-outs, impressive lists of premium and small batch spirits, and polished bartending by talented local and international bartenders promise memorable drinking experiences. Leading independent bar owners have also expanded their influence in the local bar scene with a number of standout new openings during the year.
We offer our selection of 8 new bars that opened this year that exemplify the increasing sophistication of cocktail culture in Singapore.
Top 8 Singapore Bar Openings 2015
- Vasco - Latin American cocktail bar
- Long Chim – Thai restaurant & bar by David Thompson at Marina Bay Sands
- Bread Street Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay at Marina Bay Sands
- Neon Pigeon – modern izakaya-inspired restaurant & bar
- Adrift – modern Californian-Asian restaurant & bar by David Myers at Marina Bay Sands
- The Flagship – whisky-centric dive bar by Jigger & Pony
- Spago by Wolfgang Puck - sophisticated restaurant & bar at Marina Bay Sands
- Vanity – cocktail bar & lounge at South Beach Quarter
(list not in any specific order)
The Bar Awards Singapore 2016
The third edition of the annual industry-centric The Bar Awards will be announced in March 2016.
Public nominations for the various categories are now open (until December 31st) at the Bar Awards website – categories include:
Best Cocktail Bar / Best New Cocktail Bar / Bartender of the Year / Young Bartender of the Year / Best Restaurant Bar
Regular updates and details of award announcements are posted to The Bar Awards Facebook Page.