East Imperial introduces its annual gin celebration to Hong Kong from August 30th to September 3rd
August 30th, 2016
Premium beverage maker East Imperial celebrates all things gin with their fourth annual East Imperial Gin Jubilee. Asia’s premier gin festival has hosted three successful jubilees in Singapore since 2013, and has now expanded the festivities to include individual jubilees in Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Phnom Penh, Bangkok and Singapore. This celebration of all things gin brings together some of the world’s finest gins, the region’s best bars and bartenders, and is attended by thousands of gin novices and aficionados alike. The aim of East Imperial Gin Jubilee is to bring people together across a range of different venues so they can sample creative variations of the classic Gin & Tonic and to explore gin culture.
East Imperial in collaboration with leading craft spirits distributor Proof & Company will present the Hong Kong Jubilee over five days from August 30, 2016 to September 3, 2016 with 18 leading bars participating. The festival will encompass a city-wide “Best Gin & Tonic” competition between participating bars. Gin aficionados and impassioned imbibers in Hong Kong can also expect a series of Masterclasses and Live Stream Distillery Visits where trade guests and consumers will be brought virtually to the St. George Spirits distillery in San Francisco, U.S., and a Gin Ramble bar trail. These events will be held in collaboration with gin brand ambassadors and bartenders across various venues in the city.
The Gin Jubilee wraps on Saturday, September 3rd with The Gin Lane Closing Party which features a series of pop up bars and gin brands at Haven Street in Causeway Bay.
Participating Hong Kong bars & bartenders:
- Eddie Sung from Ee Da Le (Fords Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Tomi Ho from Urban Park (Hendrick’s Gin + Yuzu Tonic)
- Prem Shireesh from ON Dining (Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin + Grapefruit Tonic)
- Tina Gurung from The Woods (St. George Terroir Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Winson Ho from Seafood Room (Bombay Sapphire Gin + Yuzu Tonic)
- Vicent Lawrence Lo Quesada from Neo Cocktail Club (Death’s Door Gin + Grapefruit Tonic)
- Suvas Rai from Potato Head Hong Kong (Four Pillars Shiraz Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Isabella Vannoni from The Optimist (St. George Botanivoire Gin + Grapefruit Tonic)
- Arkadiusz Rybak from ZUMA Hong Kong (Tanqueray No. Ten + Grapefruit Tonic)
- Nastasia Vera from The Pontiac (Aviation Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Suraj Gurung from Stockton (Monkey 47 Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Prajol Gurung from Mercedes me (The Botanist Gin + Old World Tonic)
- Hungie Fong from Origin Bar (Tanqueray No. Ten + Yuzu Tonic)
- Binay Thapa from Foxglove (Citadelle Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Marby Deligero from The Pawn (St. George Terroir Gin + Burma Tonic)
- Dan Morgan from Winstons Coffee (Sipmith London Dry Gin + Old World Tonic)
- James Barker from 208 Duecento Otto (Sipmith London Dry Gin + Grapefruit Tonic)
- Krishat Gurung from Chachawan (Sipmith London Dry Gin + Burma Tonic)