January 6th, 2018
With its plethora of bars - ranging from the high-end bars of Ginza to hole-in-the-wall drinking dens tucked away in unannounced anonymity, Tokyo is a paradise for discerning and casual drinkers alike. Most neighbourhoods are well-populated with bars located in basement spaces or secreted away in intimate upper-level rooms.
Our selection of Tokyo bars exemplifies the best of the renowned Japanese bartending technique and rewarding cocktail experiences – showcasing the polished bartending of several world-famous Ginza bars – and the alluring charm of lesser-known neighbourhood bars.
Every cocktail aficionado visiting Tokyo should make sure to take a drink or two at these bars.
5 featured Tokyo bars
- Royal Bar – historic cocktail bar at the Palace Hotel Tokyo
- Bar Trench - internationally acclaimed for unique cocktails enhanced with herb liqueurs & bitters
- BAR HIGH FIVE – famous Ginza cocktail bar by renowned bartender Hidetsugo Ueno
- Bar Panacee - neighbourhood whisky and cocktail bar
- Star Bar Ginza – legendary Ginza cocktail bar
(Click on images for venue information)