Potato Head cocktails – complexity with balance – inspired by Balinese culinary influences
January 26th, 2017
Among the notable restaurant and bar openings in Hong Kong last year, Potato Head Hong Kong showcases both the tropical beach lifestyle of its renowned Bali beach club sibling, and the culinary and design heritages of Indonesia. Located in the vibrant Sai Ying Pun neighbourhood, Potato Head Hong Kong features the hallmark design aesthetics of the original Potato Head venues in Indonesia – harmoniously overlaid with a contemporary urban vibe.
At the bar, the internationally acclaimed Potato Head group mixologists Dre Masso and Kamil Foltan have created a cocktail program that includes many of the favourite tropical-themed cocktails originally created for the Bali beach club, complemented with a selection of sophisticated classic cocktails – interpreted with creative twists – and headlined by their “Rested Cocktails” – batched and aged in clay.
For their tropical “Potato Head Favourites” – bold flavours from Indonesian culinary spice traditions are thoughtfully combined with premium spirits and freshly imported tropical fruits to create distinctive and refreshing drinks.
Selected Potato Head Favourites cocktails – see images below
- Potato Head Mojito – Nusa Caña & Myer’s rum, mint, spiced syrup, lime & cane juices, mojito foam, cane stick
- Megah Mule – Ketel One vodka, Myer’s rum, poached nashi pear, vanilla & palm sugar, lime juice & aromatic bitters, ginger beer
- Barong Zombie – Nusa Caña & Myer’s rum, pineapple-infused arak, orange curaçao, cherry liqueur, absinthe, pink grapefruit, cane & pineapple juice,
- Kookaburra – Lemongrass-infused Tanqueray gin, vanilla sugar, mint and citrus, passion fruit & vanilla foam
- Indo Bloody Mary – Pepper-infused Ketel One vodka, tomato, beetroot & carrot juices, sambal, tamarind, clove, fresh red chilli.