Showcasing the transformation of Southeast Asia bars with innovations taking cocktail experiences to a new level
January 29th, 2024
Bars are multifaceted establishments that offer not only alcoholic beverages but also cultural, social, economic, and entertainment value. This sector included traditional pubs, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and more.
According to a report by the Business Research Company, the Asia Pacific was the largest region for the bars and cafes market in 2022. The Asia-Pacific Alcoholic Beverage Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.22% over the next five years while the Commercial Bar Equipment Market size is expected to rise at a CAGR of 4.8% by 2033.
At THAIFEX – HOREC Asia, industry visitors can meet suppliers who cater to every facet of the bar and hospitality industries.
Attend the exhibition to discover the latest trends, and meet with suppliers for:
- Bar Products: Alcoholic Drinks, Beer, Wine & Spirits
- Bar Equipment: Bar furniture and fittings, Bar equipment and accessories, Blenders, Water treatment
Key trends for bar products in Asia include:
- Sophisticated flavours in alcoholic beverages as millennials have a greater willingness to experiment with unique flavour profiles and ingredients.
- Home delivery convenience with some food delivery services now offering to deliver alcoholic beverages to one’s home at a slight premium.
- Hybrid beverages made with unusual flavour combinations, ingredients, and production processes borrowed from various drinks resulting in a fusion of flavours that tantalise the palate.
- Modern technology incorporated into bar customer service such as self-serve ordering and digital menus. • Healthy specialty drinks with ingredients such as hard kombucha, agave plant CBD drinks, and healthy elixir mixes.
- Innovative drink presentations such as the use of unusual vessels to serve drinks like in chemistry test tubes.
- Low-alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages as more consumers seek moderation and healthier alternatives that don’t compromise on taste.
- Ready-to-drink cocktails that can be enjoyed straight from the can or poured into a glass.
Key trends for bar equipment in Asia include:
- Eco-friendly bar wares and equipment such as reusable straws and compostable cocktail shakers due to the growing awareness of the impact of plastic waste on the environment.
- Self-serve beer walls allow customers to pour their own beers from a selection of taps.
- In-house bars have become a popular interior design trend since they create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
Location: IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, Bangkok, Thailand
Dates and Time: March 6th-8th 2024 (Wed – Fri), 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Visitor registration: here
(images credit Thaifex-Horec 2024)