6 top bars for great cocktails in Sydney
February 3rd, 2015
Discerning cocktail aficionados are spoilt for choice in Sydney with the plethora of bar openings in recent years heralding an increased creativity and sophistication in the local bar scene. Headed by accomplished local bartenders, Sydney’s bars are attracting international accolades and awards, firmly placing the city among the leading global centres for cocktail innovation.
Sydney’s multi-faceted cocktail scene caters to a wide spectrum of clientele – bars range from the sleek & sophisticated to the hard-to-find underground speakeasy-style bars, and to the inner city “small bar” scene proliferating around the fringes of the CBD.
Our top picks for memorable cocktail experiences in Sydney
(Click on images for more information)
- Eau de Vie – celebrated cocktail bar
- The Baxter Inn – underground whisky-centric bar
- The Roosevelt Bar & Diner – cocktail bar & restaurant
- Gowings Bar & Grill– brasserie & cocktail bar
- The Barber Shop – cocktail bar & barbershop
- Blu Bar on 36 – cocktail bar at Shangri-La Hotel Sydney